The Kalyan Jewellers IPO will open for subscription from 16 to 18 March, through which the company seeks to raise Rs 1175 crore from primary markets. In this article, we will look into all the important information about the IPO of Kalyan Jewellers that you need to know before applying for the Issue.
You can also check our Detailed Guide on How to apply for an IPO in India.
Table of Contents
- 1 Kalyan Jewellers – About the Company
- 2 Important Details – Kalyan Jewellers IPO
- 3 Kalyan Jewellers IPO Dates
- 4 Objectives of the Issue – Kalyan Jewellers IPO
- 5 Kalyan Jewellers Rivals
- 6 Kalyan Jewellers IPO – Quotas
- 7 Kalyan Jewellers IPO GMP
- 8 Kalyan Jewellers IPO Review
- 9 Kalyan Jewellers IPO – Check Allotment Status
- 10 Kalyan Jewellers IPO FAQs
Kalyan Jewellers – About the Company
Kalyan Jewellers is one of the largest jewelry companies in India. The company is “hyper-local” in nature and Each store’s jewellery designs are inspired by the local region’s taste and traditions.
- The company’s main business operations are to design, produce and sell a range of gold, diamonds, stones and other jewelry items. Gold jewellery accounts for 70% of sales, while studded jewellery, including diamond jewellery, accounts for the remaining 30%.
- The business began with a single showroom in Kerala in 1993 and has since spread to 107 showrooms across India’s 21 states and union territories.
- TS Kalyanaraman, the founder of Kalyan Jewellers, has over 45 years of retail experience, including over 25 years in the jewellery industry.
Important Details – Kalyan Jewellers IPO
|IPO Dates||16 – 18 March 2021|
|IPO Size (in Crores)||1175 Crores|
|Face Value||Rs. 10 per Equity Share|
|Price Band||Rs. 86-87 per Equity Share|
|Minimum Lot Size||172 Shares|
|Minimum Application Amount||Rs. 14964/-|
|Retail Portion||35% of the Issue|
Kalyan Jewellers IPO Dates
|Basis Of Allotment||23 March 2021|
|Refund||24 March 2021|
|Credit to DEMAT Account||25 March 2021|
|Listing Date||26 March 2021|
Objectives of the Issue – Kalyan Jewellers IPO
The Net Proceeds from the Fresh Issue are proposed to be utilized towards the following objects:-
- Funding working capital requirements of our Company; and
- General corporate purposes
Further, the Company plans to enhance the visibility and the Brand Image among its existing and potential customers.
Kalyan Jewellers Rivals
Malabar Gold & Diamonds, GRT Jewellery Private Limited, Saravana Stores, and Kirtilals are the top five competitors of Kalyan Jewellers in India. Some of the listed rivals Of Kalyan Jewellers are Tata Group’s Titan Co., Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Ltd. and PC Jeweller Ltd.
Kalyan Jewellers ranks 2nd among it’s top 10 competitors, in terms of Revenue. (1st one being Malabar)
Kalyan Jewellers IPO – Quotas
The company has reserved atleast 35% of the issue for the Retail investors only. Up to 50 per cent of the net issue will be reserved for Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB). The remaining 15 per cent of the Issue is reserved for Non-Institutional category.
Kalyan Jewellers IPO GMP
We may see Good Listing Gains of around 20-35%.
Kalyan Jewellers IPO Review
Kalyan Jewellers is planning to Double its Retail presence and targets to reach 250 showrooms, in India and outside. The Company plans to achieve an Annual turnover of Rs 25,000 crore over the next five years.
Looking at the above Points, we can assume that the company has aggressive Expansion Plans. So, we can expect that the company will continue to develop and expand its business at a healthy pace.
However, If you’re applying for listing gains, we won’t recommend applying for Kalyan Jewellers IPO as it has very low Grey Market Premium as of Now.
Kalyan Jewellers IPO – Check Allotment Status
Kalyan Jewellers IPO FAQs
How to apply for Kalyan Jewellers IPO through Zerodha?
Steps to apply in IPO of Kalyan Jewellers through Zerodha App/Website:-
1. Visit the Zerodha website and login to Console.
2. Go to Portfolio and click the IPOs link.
3. Go to the ‘Kalyan Jewellers IPO’ row and click the ‘Bid’ button.
4. Enter your UPI ID, Quantity, and Tick on Cutoff Price.
5. ‘Submit’ IPO application form.
6. Visit the UPI App (net banking or BHIM) to approve the mandate.
When will Kalyan Jewellers IPO open?
The opening date of the IPO is 16 March, 2021 while its closing date is March 18, 2021.
When Kalyan Jewellers IPO will be alloted?
Allotment will be finalized on 23 March and refunds will be credited by 24 March Shares allotment will be credited in Demat accounts by 25 March.
When is Kalyan Jewellers IPO listing date?
The tentative date of Kalyan Jewellers India IPO listing is 26 March 2021.
Where can we check the Kalyan Jewellers IPO allotment?
We can check the IPO Allotment status on their Registrar Link Intime India Private Ltd Website.
Tell us your Views About Kalyan Jewellers India IPO in the Comment Section Below. Read More About Upcoming IPOs on Our IPO Page.